Saturday, March 6, 2010

If I was GM

If I was the GM of the...

St. Louis Rams - First, I would pray. Soon after, I'd fix three STRONG drinks. While I'm buzzed, I'd realize that I need to shake up my team. The first shake up I'd do is to trade down with Washington so I would give them my 1st pick for their 4th pick and Jason Campbell. Forget what you've heard, because even with getting 43 sacks last season, Campbell still had 64.5% completion with a 86.4 passer rating. WE CAN BUILD ON THIS! To protect him, I'd take OG Chester Pitts from Houston for a 2011 4th or 3rd round pick which is like trading a bucket of water for a bar of gold. I'd also grab WR Kevin Walter from free agency while the Texans are busy playing in the sand deciding if they want him or not. This way, Pitts would have a familiar face, my QB would have another sharp target besides Donnie Avery, and Walter would be more than happy to thrive in a starting role while sharing his knowledge with Danny Amendola. This would also take a little pressure off RB Steven Jackson which would make him just a little more hungry to shine when he gets his chance. With my 4th pick, I'd draft either OT Russell Okung or OT Anthony Davis.

Detroit Lions - Seeing as how I've already picked up WR Nate Burleson, DT Corey Williams, DE Kyle Vanden Bosch, re-signed LG Jon Jansen, and with the rumored signing of RB Thomas Jones in the air, I'd sign either K Jay Feely or K Neil Rackers. Then I would blow everybody's mind by trading down my 2nd pick for Oakland's 8th pick and CB Nnamdi Asomugha. With my 8th pick, I'd draft either S Taylor Mays or S Eric Berry. After the draft, I'd buy a small humidor full of Diamond Crown cigars and spread the word of a playoff spot coming within 3 years.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - The first thing I would do is to re-sign MLB Barrett Ruud and then pick up either WR Mark Clayton or WR Lance Moore from the draft. If I couldn't trade WR Antonio Bryant for a 1st or 2nd round pick, I'd release him. My next move would be to draft either DT Ndamukong Suh or DT Gerald McCoy. None of these moves are too flashy, but they're a start to a rebuilding process.

Washington Redskins - First, I would pull a Bud Adams on anyone who says I should trade Jason Campbell. Then I would grab LG Logan Mankins from New England and RT Tony Pashos from San Francisco. Next, I'd grab WR Brandon Marshall because if anybody's going to handle Brandon, my man Mike will be able to. After I sign K Jay Feely or K Neil Rackers, I'd really want to shake up the system. So, I would trade DT Albert Haynesworth to the Lions for their 2nd pick. Then I would trade down my 4th pick to the Broncos for pro-bowl LB Elvis Dumervil and their 11th pick. Next, I would trade down my 11th pick to the Texans for pro-bowl TE Owen Daniels and their 20th pick. While everyone's in shock calling the Redskins the dominators of the 2010 free agency, I would slice off RB Clinton Portis like a hangnail and then draft DT Ndamukong Suh with my 2nd pick. While everybody is screaming "Washington!" in one breath and "Super Bowl" in the next breath, I'd draft either RB C.J. Spiller or RB Jahvid Best with my 20th pick. Of course...since I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan...this would NEVER happen!

Kansas City Chiefs - Since I want to keep my QB protected and give him some good options while keeping my RB healthy and hungry, I'd re-sign WR Chris Chambers and trade WR Bobby Wade and TE Leonard Pope to New Orleans for WR Lance Moore and their 2nd round pick. Then I'd sign free agent C Kevin Mawae to give my offensive line some leadership, and free agent FS Darren Sharper to give my secondary some leadership and credibility. After this, I'd want to build(a lot!) so I'd trade my 5th pick and WR Chris Chambers to Seattle for their 6th and 14th pick of the first round. Next, I'd trade my 14th pick to the Jets for their 29th pick and TE Dustin Keller. With my 6th pick, I'd draft either OT Russell Okung, OT Bruce Campbell, or OT Brian Bulaga. With my 29th pick, I'd draft either DT Jared Odrick or DT Lamarr Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment