Sunday, June 27, 2010

The difference between God and my words

I write a LOT of words. You can see them here, on Twitter, and on sites like Brotherspeak and Hubpages. No matter where you find my words, you can see and read them as much as you like, but we can't see God. He could be standing next to me or sitting next to you right now and we wouldn't know it.

Now here's the kicker...no matter how hard I try or how hard you try, you can't feel my words, but every day God's presence can be felt. I feel God's presence every morning I wake up because I know there was no other way I was able to open my eyes but because of Him. When I hear about someone miraculously surviving a car wreck or going through some ordeal that others haven't or wouldn't survive, I feel God's presence. And every time a baby is born, God's presence is felt. Science does its best to explain birth, life and genetics because science can not and never should deal with anything that's unseen.

Yet as wonderful and beneficial as science is, nobody can fully explain who we are and where we came from because it took God to make us. I'm a writer and through my words, I have created alternate realities and I've used my words to give my commentary on the world and how I see it. God is a creator and he created the world we live on, us, and everyone around us.

The bottom line is that my words express who I was and who I am, so they serve as my own personal testimony. I know that God's presence can be felt by anyone, but it's up to you to feel it for yourself. I can only tell you what he's done for me.

2 comments:

  1. My mother once told me, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".
    I'll just keep my Peace on this subject and wish you well. All I can add is that though I may disagree with what you say, I will always honor and defend your right to say it.

    There is no way to Peace. Peace is the Way.
    Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Richard. I know this is one subject that you and I might never agree upon, I also honor and defend your right to speak your mind as well. The one thing all of us have is free will which is why I can call this my personal testimony.

    ReplyDelete